Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Ultimate Babysitter

My youngest sister, Allison, loves to be around her nieces and nephew. She likes to play with them, but when it comes to getting dirty, she doesn't really enjoy that part. Today Allison kept Reese while I coached. I took Reese over to Aunt Allison's house and I explained where everything was in the diaper bag, what time she would need to eat, and some other bits of information that might be helpful. WELL, during practice my phone rang! Allison was on the other line and the first words out of her mouth were,
"She's sick. Her stomach is upset!"
"No, Allison, that's what babies poop looks like".
"No, Lauren, she is really sick. She has been pooping since 4pm".
"Allison, just change her and she'll be fine."
"I'm scared she is going to poop on me and there is only one wipe!"
"She won't poop on you and there are more wipes in the diaper bag."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes, Allison."

Well, when I drove up Allison and Reese were on the front porch swinging ~ happy as ever! I guess she wasn't really sick and didn't poop on Allison since I didn't get a call back and Allison was still holding her!
I 'm sure over the next few months there will be many more moments like this one!

1 comment:

Annie said...

That is hilarious! I smiled and laughed while reading it! It's funny how strange babies can seem to those who don't have one yet. :)
~annie