Sunday, May 3, 2009

Easter - what a wonderful day!

As I look back, I am so thankful for our Easter Sunday. I know it was a while ago but I'm just
now able to write. Christ is Risen....He is Risen indeed! We had a great time at church where
a wonderful sermon was preached. We also were able to fellowship with friends and family
after the service. Then we went over to Mary Beth's house with the rest of my family.
Dad was living with Mary Beth so it was easier for all of us to just go over there. The weather
was wonderful - a beautiful day actually! The guys (Will, Rhett, Greg and Brett -
a friend of the family) played a little basketball. It started out as HORSE but then
turned into a 2v2 match. Allison, Mary Beth and I got the food together in the
house with dad. Nanny was playing with the little ones, as usual. And Dad just
took everything in! The little ones would walk in and out of the house,
stopping by his chair to "talk". At least they thought they were talking to him
and he would just listen to their babble :)
Everything was just as it should be, all of us together!
Dad was getting a little hungry and requested some food.
Dad: "I'm hungry"
Mary Beth: gives him some ham then says "Dad, EAT YOUR HAM"
(those of you familiar with Napolean Dynamite it's a familiar quote)
Allison and I thought it was pretty funny!
After his second helping of food, we decided to give dad his Easter basket so he could
finish the meal off with some fine candy and chocolate! Everybody else got their Easter
baskets too. We've continued the tradition of being together on holidays trying to be
together at most of them, knowing that mom LOVED holidays. I think it's something we
do without saying it. It's just a way to remember mom. I was surprised by how fast the
time flew. We stayed there almost all afternoon. All of us were having fun playing
around and laughing with/AT each other! Dad enjoyed just watching everything go on
and eating a good ole' meal with all of us! I do have to say Dad had to endure Greg's
story of his male massage therapist! I think Dad got a good laugh at Greg's expense!

For this day I am so thankful and it will be with me forever!
Christ is Risen.....He is Risen indeed!

No comments: