Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Dad's luck.....

Since my last entry, Reese has continued to enjoy the potty. I think she enjoys getting
"cookies" (aka teddy grahams) after going. We are still wearing diapers because I can't bring
myself to put her in "big girl panties" just yet. She tries to get us to give her a cookie even
if she goes in her diaper. We've been explaining that's not how it works.
Our routine is the potty, lay down for the diaper
and then get a cookie. Well, one morning before church Reese had already gone to the
potty with the help of her dad. So he figured she could go around the house without a
diaper on for a little while. She would run into our room then
run down the hall into her room. We were almost ready when neither one of us heard her.
Which is NEVER a good sign with a 23 month old. So I went looking for her....I found her
playing in her room. When I walked in the room I noticed a very strong smell.
At first, I thought "Wow, the smell can't still be lingering from
earlier in the morning" and then that's when Reese spoke up!

Reese: "Ott, oh"

Me: "What is it Reese?"

Reese: pointing to the scene....
Me: pure laughter....."Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh"
Greg: running down the hall...."what what what"
in the corner of her room was a little pile of poop....
those of you who have dogs...
kind of like when a dog tries to hide it in your house....same concept!
I guess this is life and how it will continue to be! You live and you learn.
You trust and pray you don't make the same mistake!
And you just move forward. So, I must say after cleaning it up
(well, Greg cleaning it up) LESSON LEARNED!
Never leave a child un-diapered UNLESS you are willing to take the risk!

No comments: